Thursday, May 8, 2008

Social Networks

Having looked at some of the social network sights, I definitely think there's a huge benefit to them. However some were better than others, I really loved the Rotorua Bebo page, it was up to date, well set out and easily followed.

I think the main benefit of these sites is marketing libraries to a different audience and getting information out about events, promotions etc to people that may not actually normally visit the library.

I had a bit of a look round at Second Life and I'm not really sure about it. I'm sure like the social networking sites it's necessary for libraries to have a presence on there, but I'm not sure it's for everyone... Including me!

Have really enjoyed doing this course, have tried things I've never done before and realised I knew more than I though I did about some of the things out there for libraries!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

It is great when you can discover that you knew more than you thought you did. I am glad you liked the course.

Ellen (PLS)